What is BARTENDAZ?
The Bartendaz is an open, worldwide community as well as a social movement, which is built upon the basic callisthenics routines. It is available for everyone, with the right C.A.P. (Character, Attitude and Personality). Fitness level does not matter! The community’s main activity is presenting and disseminating the beneficial effects of own bodyweight exercise routine and the growth mindset. The Bartendaz are faithful to their traditions, so unlike other popular trends, only the basic practice routines (push-ups, pull-ups, jump, run, squats) are emphasized. Yet, it is important to know that without the exact knowledge of the basics, it is impossible to exercise difficult tricks injury-free.
BARTENDAZ is used as a metaphor for life – PULL UP YOUR CHARACTER!
The origin of the word BARTENDAZ can be traced back to an easy word game of American slang:
• In American English language the ‘bars’ mean pull up bars which are either associated with outdoor fitness parks or playgrounds or with bars, pubs and taverns where we all may end up to socialize while consuming alcohol. It is worthless to mention which is proved to be the healthier community building venue.
• In American slang the word ‘bartendaz’ means bartenders, which here refers to the team members, to the metaphoric waitresses and bartenders who are in the passionate service of the society by serving regular exercising, including regular bodyweight practice routines and a more conscious, sportier, healthier lifestyle.
Roots and foundation of BARTENDAZ: the G.I.A.N.T. THINKING
The first Bartendaz™ team was founded in New York City in 2003. The trainings were carried out throughout outdoor parks or playgrounds using own bodyweight as natural resistance. They put exercises into a system, this is called the Natural Movements (a special system of innovative bodyweight exercises).
A social movement was also initiated parallel to the regular workouts around local communities in NY City as the Bartendaz felt huge potentials in crime and substance abuse prevention by community building through regular practice. This ideological background and way of thinking is called the G.I.A.N.T. THINKING (Growing Is A Noble Thing), taught exclusively in schools, community centers, religious organizations, prisons and correctional facilities across the United States. The team’s founder Hassan YASIN is also known as G.I.A.N.T .
Norbert RADÁNYI first met the own bodyweight training method (callisthenics ) in 2007. As an athlete and later as a trainer he has gained extensive practise and expertise in the area. In 2013 he had contacted the New York City team (Hassan Yasin), then founded the BARTENDAZ Hungary in March 2014. BARTENDAZ Hungary has been since operated from Budapest, with over more, than 50 active members and with many initiatives outside of the capital.
In 2015 and in 2016 Norbert had traveled to the United States where he personally learned from Hassan and they both agreed to strengthen the relationship between the two continents. (See this video from New York, 2016) Bartendaz can be found in many other countries but the US and Hungary. They are also present in the UK, in the Netherlands, in Denmark as well as in Canada, and many other countries.
Mission and responsibilities of BARTENDAZ:
• is teaching young hearts and souls and improving their direct enviroment by forming role models, leading by example and by practising own body exercises routines;
• is organizing communities and demonstrating how to be stronger and more positive both physically and mentally as well as being able to avoid the bad and acting consciously on the right track;
• is drawing attention to the importance of developing the following qualities: balance, creativity, discipline, endurance, flexibility, humility, strength and teamwork.
BARTENDAZ find it extremely important to raise public awareness of one’s own health as life’s one true value (’Health is Wealth, Movement is Medicine’). As well as the constant improvement of ones own health by physical activity over artificial drug use. The members are the true practitioners, coaches, and professionals of the innovative own bodyweight routine.
Bartendaz training system
The Bartendaz training method is a unique, innovative system, based on own bodyweight exercises. The engagement is feasible by any fitness level, from beginner to advanced. Our innumerable practices and training techniques, which have been accumulated over the years, are under continuous development and are not available in any book or text.
MIND UP! Invest into your own community and book a BARTENDAZ SHOW!
Besides schools and universities the BARTENDAZ are frequent guests of many TV shows, multinational companies’ and local councils’ community days . The 10-15 min long, trick rich shows are very popular among all age. By booking a BARTENDAZ SHOW (show, demonstrated training session & motivational speech) you are proudly investing into your community’s healthier future.